WASHINGTON, D.C. (The Appraisal Foundation) – The Appraisal Foundation will offer a webinar on fair value and financial reporting issues related to appraisers March 16. Participants will learn how potential changes in the U.S. accounting system could affect their practice.
Among the topics to be covered during the 90-minute seminar are the:
- definition of fair value;
- roles of the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB);
- current status of U.S. accounting standards and the timeline for convergence;
- current requirements for valuers under financial reporting standards; and
- various valuation disciplines involved in financial reporting and how they interact.
The course will also offer practical examples to illustrate financial reporting valuations.
For more information or to register, visit the Appraisal Foundation’s website.